22 October, 2005

Ghajini - An unintended laugh riot

My sincere thanks to my dear friend Vijay who sounded the loud warning that this movie might disappoint some who decide to watch it based on the adulation “built up” over the first two weeks since the movie’s release.

These are the remarks of the makkal who came out of the theatre on a Saturday afternoon from the satyam complex

Auto Singaaram – A theevara Vijay fan

Vijay padam mattume paakanumnu sabadham edutha naan moon varsham kizhichu vera eeero padam paarthen… aana surya summa sollakoodaadhu saar… enga thalaivar maadhiri thaniya thadumaara maadhiri oru dance stylelaam try panninaar… sooperunga

Subramaniam S – Chartered Accountant

My first task now is to go back and refer the Companies Act and look for the clause which permits a mentally unstable Managing Director to sign the Final Accounts of a Company. Hats off to the director who could find this before practitioners like us did!

Tamizhmani – Senior Inspector in Chennai

I now have 20 years experience but the sharp observation of the inspector in the movie

“Avaroda udambulla numbers ellam 10 digits – These have to be cellphone numbers” appadeenu sollum bodhu kalakitaar sir

Punch Pandian – An ardent punch dialogue priyan

I thought my thalaivar Surya would get into the punch dialogue scheme atleast from this movie, but I was shocked when there was one but was mouthed not by Surya but by Nayanthara

“oruthara konna suyanalam, rendu perayum konna adhu podunalam” pinnitaanga appu!

Sangeetha - Final Year Journalism student

I always had Barkha Dutt as my role model and hence took to journalism. Now, I have seen that a medicine student can be a champ in investigative journalism as well, especially when she is specifically told that she should not pursue the case, and this makes me feel that I have taken a wrong decision in my life…

Sanjay Jain – A Maarwadi Stationery shop owner in Chennai

Mere paas pehle bahoth saare corporate orders aathe the… abhi kuch dhinon se bijinej dull hai.. Abhi patha chalaa ki saare secretary log address note karne keliye bhi Laptop hi use karthe hein! Bijinej badhalna padega”

And Finally Arun Sriram – A never say die movie buff

I have always believed that walking out of a movie hall half through is unparliamentary behaviour. And as far this movie was concerned, Director Murugadoss’s idea of distributing Asin’s screen presence over the two halves was a commendable one, as that made me sit almost till the climax as I felt that there is something in it for me in the movie!

And if you felt that there is no mention of the two, sorry one, sorry two in one, ok whatever, villains, less said the better. My only thought however was that this movie was patbreaking in the sense that Bollywood villains enter Kollywood only through Captain’s movies ( Sharath Saxena, Mukesh Rishi to name a few, but Pradeep Rawat has chosen a Surya movie (If he has acted in any other Tamil movie, forgive me for this wrong observation)

Overall, if you want to watch a movie that is engaging and hilariously entertaining when you are munching popcorn.. Ghajini is not a bad option

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

is the arun sriram still arun from chennai or the new melbourne dude.. gr8 oe anyways though there is a fundemental difference in the way v percieved the movie..

AG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ducky said...

He He, pseud review I must say... beautiful style. And yeah, I too sat through most of the second half waiting for Asin to come... and then boom! She's dead!!! WTF!

Anonymous said...

Dei,
Enna irunthalum Surya looks and acting pathi sollama vitathu too much!.

Anonymous said...

aaaaaha!!!! i was planning Ghajini for eth weekend and now i have second thoughts.

nice blog da!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey arun, this is lavanya....came across ur blog. u still r in aus rite???...