29 September, 2006

Autobiography of an Eternal Wannabe

In this season of endless biographies, authorized and unauthorized, and autobiographies,we are confronted with a precarious situation. Suneil Shetty is planning to release his autobiography “ The Eternal Wannabe”.

I have managed to lay my hands on the manuscript of the Preface to this book, using my far reaching contacts.. So read on as it might help you in knowing whats in store when you end up in the nearest Landmark Store to grab your copy

Preface

When my son Aahan brought me his English Homework book, and asked me to read his essay ‘Autobiography of a two rupee note’, my thoughts began to wander. Am I not worth even two rupees, for no one has even thought about a biography on me. Not to feel utterly disappointed, I took it upon myself to show the world who Suneil Shetty is.

My sincere thanks to the Bollywood producers who have refused to queue up in front of my house, with offers, for that has given me all the time in the world to finish this work. I have divided this book into two broad phases of my life- namely Being Sunil, and Being Suneil.

This book captures very little of my childhood, because I presume that when people are positively uninterested about me when I am a veteran Bollywood actor, their interest in my childhood can be no better.

The Eternal Wannabe is a vehicle in which I am going to take you through the journey of my career path, from the days when I wanted to be the number 1 action hero, before Akshay stormed his way into the scene, and then moves on to the days when I wanted to be a wholesome actor , before Aamir and Shah Rukh took over. And the journey doesn’t stop there.

Then I wanted to be a comedy actor, after the miracle hit Hera Pheri , before all three mentioned above took away the shine from me. I even touch upon the phase when I wanted to be a sought after villain after Main Hoon Na.
It then takes you through the most successful phase of my life, which is acting as the m+nth hero of any movie, and use Bollywood as a cash cow and not as a medium to attain glory.

Come, join me in this event filled journey and you will have the ride of your life.

Forever Yours,
Suneil

7 comments:

Shreyas Ramanathan said...

nanba, never knew u had contacts in bollywood...wanna make a gaptain kadhai in hindi :)
the article was good, appreciate your noble intentions for mass awareness thru your popular blog :D...annalum typing the entire preface is sema height of vettiness

Arun Sriram said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Arun Sriram said...

dude.. by any chance, did you take this article seriously, and thot that suneil shetty is coming up with an autobiography...now u know why i have disclaimers on some of my posts.. this one too is a figment of my imagination

Shreyas Ramanathan said...

lol :)

Anonymous said...

Machi, very tongue in cheek post this!!! enjoyed it and I suppose only IMDB can come up with a post on a useless fellow like Suneil!!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahhaa hilarious this is!!!!.. ever considered sending a copy to suniel himself?:D:D maybe of some help to him hehehe

Arun Sriram said...

@ Gayathri.. Thanks... Sending it to Suneil?.. Good thought...I cant take any chances with his macho physique.. only thing which is intact with him is that..